Monday, April 27, 2009

Raspberry Sorbet


I'm so excited that the weather is finally warming up! I was looking for a nice cold dessert to make to celebrate the heat and thought immediately about the strawberry sorbet I had made a bit ago. I had some raspberries in the freezer and decided that I would play with them to come up with a new variation. I normally would prefer to use fresh fruit to cook with, but when making sorbet I have found that the frozen fruit more than cuts the total prep time in half! I would much rather use that time playing with my little ones. :) The texture of this sorbet is so smooth and it is sweet enough to satisfy my cravings without compromising my diet! I'd highly recommend it and plan to play with other fruits through the coming months.
Raspberry Sorbet
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup light corn syrup
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 bag frozen raspberries
In a small saucepan, combine the water and sugar and boil until the sugar is completely dissolved (making a simple syrup). Set aside. In a food processor, process the frozen raspberries until completely pureed. Add the corn syrup, simple syrup, and lime juice. Pour into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer directions.
Source: Adapted from Cuisinart

10 comments:

  1. Mmmm, I think I will make this tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so I may have to break down and buy an ice cream maker! This looks really refreshing! I'd much prefer for Marcus and Jake to eat something like this, as opposed to ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This may be a stupid question but is there an alternative to using an ice cream maker? I don't own one:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great! I don't eat a lot of raspberries because I was very allergic when I was little. Do you think strawberry would work?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becca... I know with the sorbet it can just be frozen. Let me see if I can find the directions to do that. The ice cream is obviously a bit trickier. I know that they do make an attachment for your kitchen-aid also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heidi,

    I actually have made it with strawberry before and really liked it as well. I think I posted the recipe a while back. The main difference is that you would want to use lemon juice instead of the lime juice. Let me know if you make it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by, I used Granny Smith apples in my apple crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Raspberry is my favorite flavor of sorbet - yours looks and sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmm! Looks so good! The perfect springtime dessert!

    Thanks for stopping by on my SITS day!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I left an award for you on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete