Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Creepy Clowns!

My husband would probably not be too thrilled with me if I stated on my blog that he was deathly afraid of clowns, so I will instead state that he has some serious 'clown issues'. It all started long before I knew him-- something about a funky crayon holder and picture in his room that he never told his parents about his fear of. Needless to say, I don't quite let him live this one down! At our cake decorating class this week, we learned how to make clown figures. Obviously, I had to take advantage and surprise him with his very own clown cake. Mean, I know. I just couldn't help myself!

(He forgave me for the cake, as long as I agreed to let him have a piece that "didn't have a creepy clown on it!")

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, you got me laughing hard! What a cute story and ya know, who isn't afraid of those freaky men in those freaky clothes with all that freaky face paint. Clowns are just weird but your cake is super cute and I bet it it tasted awesome.

    Jenifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cruel are you?!? Just kidding...you know I would have done the same thing :) Was Mike really freaked out by it? I can't wait to show Marcus your cake when he wakes up! (The cake itself is adorable--are you still enjoying the class?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clowns are a little creepy. Wasn't their a steven king movie that had clowns? Your clowns are very cute though. Great job at your class. I would love to take some sort of cooking/food class, but we have nothing around here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pic of your cake! You did such an awesome job....once again, mine was cut into before any pictures were taken. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah~

    I have to agree with Mike about the clowns and it has nothing to do with a crayon holder or picture (although I know the picture he refers too and it was very freaky! Now adays hanging that in a kids room would have DCFS at your door) anyway great job on the cake! It is like everything else you do...Pefect! Whatever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree that the clowns are creepy. When I took this course I reeeeally didn't want to make clowns but I caved in at the end. Your cake looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete