Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Deviled Eggs

These deviled eggs are made at almost every event on my husband's side of the family. I'm not sure who the recipe came from, Aunt Paulette is normally the one to make them but my mother-in-law gave it to me as part of a recipe exchange at my bridal shower. The cousins are always pushing each other aside to grab one (from what I'm told, this has been going on for about as long as they could walk!) and it is always a fight to see who can get the last one. This was my husband's one request for his Easter dinner. I had to laugh because when I took the dish out of the refrigerator to serve with dinner, I found that several eggs were missing from the plate. He didn't even bother to move them around to fill the empty spaces! I told him his cousins would be disappointed that he didn't put more effort into his theft! :) These are by far my favorite deviled egg recipe and they are good for a few days afterwards (though they often don't last that long).

Deviled Eggs
6 eggs, hard boiled and cut in half
1 teaspoon celery, minced
1 teaspoon onion, minced
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 dash pepper
1 dash paprika
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon parsley
2 tablespoons mayonnaise

Mix ingredients with the egg yolks, stuff into halved eggs and sprinkle with paprika. (I use a decorating bag to fill my eggs.)

7 comments:

  1. We love deviled eggs and Easter dinner is always when they first make their appearance for the spring & summer months. Yours look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea that you had a "special recipe" for deviled eggs! They look really good! Too funny that Mike "attempted" to sneak some before your company arrived. Nothing like subtlety :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My deviled eggs never look that pretty! We have been eating them often this week to use up the easter eggs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. After having some for Easter my hubby has been craving them ever since and wants more! These look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dropping in from SITS to say hi. My husband LOVES deviled eggs, so I might just have to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for joining SITS! I am an amateur cooker here, and need ALL the help I can get. Devil eggs just happen to be one of my favorites too, so I am so glad I found your blog for this wonderful recipe!
    Looking for to more!
    I certainly plan on coming back -

    Love,
    Taryn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Taryn,

    Thanks so much for stopping by, and following! Glad you're here!

    ReplyDelete