Thursday, April 2, 2009

Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce

Holy yum. Sorry, but I just can't help myself. I know I've been on a Pioneer Woman kick lately, and even though I feel like I have said it a few times, this one TRULY is my new favorite. This pasta dish tastes like it comes straight from an Italian restaurant. It was incredibly easy to throw together and reheats wonderfully through the week. My husband called it 'girl food' but he had no problem polishing off an entire plate of it. I find myself eating pasta all year long, but this sauce definitely provides a lighter alternative for what will hopefully be warm summer months.

On her website, Pioneer Woman gives some wonderfully detailed directions on roasting your own peppers. I actually took a shortcut and used the rest of the jar of roasted red peppers that I had purchased to make my tuna noodle casserole a little while back. If you can fit these two dishes into your rotation, it is a great way to share ingredients and save a little money.

Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce

1 jar roasted red pepper pieces
1 medium onion, finely diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup heavy cream
Flat leaf parsley, finely minced
Fresh Parmesan, shaved or grated
1 pound pasta (I used bowtie)

Puree roasted red peppers in a food processor or blender. Set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions. In a skillet or pot over medium heat, drizzle in olive oil. Add diced onions and garlic and cook until soft. Pour in pepper puree and stir together. Add plenty of salt.
Pour in cream and stir to combine. Taste and add more salt, if necessary. Add cooked pasta, then stir together. Place pasta into a bowl, top with chopped parsley and plenty of shaved Parmesan.

Source: Adapted from The Pioneer Woman

4 comments:

  1. Ok...wow!! Another winner. This looks fabulous. Anytime Mike doesn't want to share your girlie food give me a call..I'll be glad to share dinner with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm making the P.W.'s meatballs this week, so I'm on a kick with her food too! This looks great. Doesn't all her food?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic. I made it last night. It is definitely going in my recipe book.
    Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made this last night, and it was delicious! Such a unique flavor, and it got better with every bite! Thanks for sharing this recipe. It's a keeper!

    Love,
    Taryn

    ReplyDelete